Until a few years ago, we could easily determine the age of people just by looking at them. However, stress, unhealthy lifestyle, food habits, etc. have given rise to a number of diseases and other medical conditions like early development of signs of aging, low immunity and premature graying of hair! Now, even as young as 20 year olds have to worry about how to get rid of gray hair!
It is quite normal for aged to have the notorious salt and pepper look (it’s a different story that they too don’t like their silver locks!) But for young men and women, this is a nightmare, they can’t imagine of stepping out from home with all those gray hair. In fact, graying of hair at a younger age is a serious health disorder that needs an immediate attention.
So, what are the causes for premature grey hair causes?
- 1 Causes of Gray Hairs At Young Age
- 2 How to identify your cause of graying hair to find the right solution?
- 2.1 Gray Hair at 25? Take a good look at yourself in a mirror
- 2.2 Spotted thinning hair?
- 2.3 Frequent Onset of Headaches?
- 2.4 Suffering from sinusitis or frequent cold?
- 2.5 Are you exposed to chemicals or toxins?
- 2.6 Did your father too had gray hair early in life?
- 2.7 Are you a woman going through a lot?
- 3 Get Adequate Nutrients to battle Premature Gray Hair
- 4 De-Stress to Combat the Acceleration of Gray Hair
- 5 Other Tips to Stop The Causes Of Premature Gray Hairs
Causes of Gray Hairs At Young Age
When it comes to premature gray hairs, the most common reasons are chronic stress and genetics. In women, lack of nutrients and iron deficiency also find place in the list of cause for gray hair at young age. Some of the causes of graying of hair include:
- Hormonal Imbalance / Hormonal Changes
- Side effects of some medications
- Poor nutrition
- Abrupt change in diet that leads to malnutrition
- Poor hair care or lack of hair hygiene
- Too much toxic accumulation in the body which prevents absorption of nutrients
- Using low quality hair colors, dyes and styling equipment too often
- Scalp conditions like dandruff, itchy scalp, etc.
Remember, there cannot be a single reason that leads to gray hairs at young age. It is always a combination of various causes that give you white hair when you don’t deserve it.
How to identify your cause of graying hair to find the right solution?
Gray Hair at 25? Take a good look at yourself in a mirror
- Check yourself whether your face shows any aging signs like wrinkles, dark under eye circles or baggy eyes, saggy skin, lack of freshness in the skin (younger skin carries a natural freshness and suppleness) etc.
- If you have any of these signs of aging along with gray hair strands, be assured that stress, poor food habits, poor lifestyle and inadequate sleep are the major contributors for your graying of hairs.
Spotted thinning hair?
Frequent Onset of Headaches?
Suffering from sinusitis or frequent cold?
Are you exposed to chemicals or toxins?
Did your father too had gray hair early in life?
Are you a woman going through a lot?
- Hormonal Changes – Irregular menstrual cycle, pregnancy, childbirth, etc. Menopause also leads to hormonal changes but graying of hair at such age is not premature one.
- Poor nutrition – Lack of iron and Vitamin B 12 leads to hair problems too.
- Hypothyroidism – Low thyroid secretion or underactive thyroid gland has a lot to do with graying of hairs at a young age.
Get Adequate Nutrients to battle Premature Gray Hair
Blackstrap Molasses – A wonder remedy for premature gray hair
- Eat one or two teaspoons of blackstrap molasses every day.
- Within a couple of weeks you can find miraculous transformation in how you look and feel.
- This is suitable for all, both men and women of all ages.
- Fresh sugar cane juice (this is easily available)- The juice should be thick and fresh with no additions like lemon or ginger
- Hard bottomed pan / vessel
- Heat the pan and add sugarcane juice
- Keep it over a medium flame for 30 to 45 minutes
- The juice will turn brown or blackish brown and will carry a sweet aroma
- Remove from flame and let it cool
- Extract the juice and store in an airtight container.
- Have 1-2 tsp daily
Eat and Drink Copper
Get a lot of iron
- 3 to 5 red hibiscus flowers
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon shredded ginger
- 1 piece of orange peel (optional, to add more flavor)
- Extract the petals of the flowers, chop them or mildly crush them.
- Boil water and add the flowers.
- Add ginger and orange peel if using.
- Let it boil for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Check the color of the tea, it will change to red
- Filter the tea, add honey and drink it warm!
De-Stress to Combat the Acceleration of Gray Hair
How to reduce stress?
- Move away from the place that makes you stressed
- Take bath and you will find some relief
- Sip a cup of hot or warm drink. Keep it healthy like herbal tea, soups etc.
- Take a walk for 10 to 15 minutes
- Eat some dark chocolate
- Listen to music
Other Tips to Stop The Causes Of Premature Gray Hairs
- Apply curry leaves and coconut oil mixture
- Eat spirulina every day to get adequate minerals like copper, iron, zinc and folic acid.
- Eat one piece of amla or the Indian gooseberry daily to get rid of the aging signs, which includes gray hairs.
- Eat foods rich in antioxidants
- Avoid using shampoo or use organic or herbal shampoos.
- Apply henna pack to your hair twice a month for once in two to three months.
- Get adequate sleep.
- Take oil bath once a week, if not at least once in 10 days. Apply castor oil the night before. It makes the hair look darker and promotes hair growth.
- Reduce your coffee consumption.