These home remedies for cracked heels have to be applied based on levels of cracks. For example, first home remedy is for very minor cracks, the second for some more serious cracks and so on. Fifth or the last of the home remedies for cracked heels is for curing the toughest cracks with wide painful fissures in dry feet!
We all know how the cracked heels pain and create difficulties in even walking smartly! So, without going into the details as to why we get cracked heels (we all know that the dry winds in winters, lack of moisturizing elements, and improper care of feet, especially dry feet, cause the cracked heels), I will just write down the 5 best home remedies for cracked heels!
The tips for curing cracked heels listed here go from simpler to tougher depending upon the level of a cracked heel problem. This simply means that you have to apply the first home remedy for cracked heels if you want to prevent cracked heels or you have just begun to get the cracks in your feet and the last home remedy if you have very painful cracked heels (with wide fissures in the skin)!
Home Remedy for Cracked Heels/Feet
1 – Lemon, Salt, Glycerin, Rose Water Foot Mask!
This is one of the best home remedies for preventing cracked heels as well as curing cracked heels at the very first stage.
- Add raw salt, lemon juice, glycerin and rose water in warm water.
- Soak your cracked feet in this warm water for about 10-15 minutes.
- Scrub off your dry skin from heel (which gets loose after soaking) with the help of pumice stone or foot file or scrubber.
- Now take 1 tsp raw glycerin (thick one), one tsp rose water and 1 tsp lemon juice and mix them well.
- Apply this thick paste to your cracked heels. This might feel a little sticky but you must tolerate it if you want to get rid of cracked heels.
- If needed, wear a pair of socks and go to bed.
- Wash off in the morning.
You might require to follow this regime for 2-3 days or even 7-10 days to cure cracked heels!
2 – Feet Oil Massage!
This is again a very good and easy home remedy for cracked heels and even for dry feet that get cracked very easily.
- Massage cracked heels with one of these oils- sesame oil, coconut oil or any other hydrogenated vegetable oil before going to bed.
- Wear a pair of socks (better if old because you might not be able to use them afterwards) and go to bed.
Follow this schedule for 3-5 days or as per your requirement- till you heal your cracked heels.
3– Mashed Fruits Massage!
Give your feet a fruity treat and the associated antioxidant dose. Banana in this home remedy for cracked heels give you excellent moisturization. Avocado and coconut contain essential oils, minerals and vitamins that will nourish your dry feet skin as well as prevent cracked heels.
- Take a ripe banana and mash it. Instead of banana, ripe papaya can also be used after mashing it properly.
- Apply this to the cracks of your heel.
- Leave it for about 10-15 minutes and then wash it off.
- This instantly smooths the dry feet.
- If you have a little more serious cracks in feet, you can take half an avocado or half a coconut (its flesh) and add this to banana.
- Blend the things together to form a paste and apply this to cracked heels.
In fact, it is the simplest dry cracked heel remedy which can even be done on a daily basis. If not so elaborate, just take a ripe banana or papaya pulp and rub your feet to get rid of cracks in heels.
Home Remedy for Cracked Heels #4 – Natural Exfoliate & Oil Treatment!
If you have the tendency of getting cracked heels due to the dry skin on your heels, regularly exfoliate your feet but do not use harsh cosmetics. Instead make natural exfoliating scrub with honey, apple cider vinegar, and rice flour. To make this,
- Grind 2-3 tablespoon of rice to get a coarse flour (don’t make it fine).
- Add a few spoons of honey and apple cider vinegar to coarse rice flour to get a thick paste.
- If your heel cracks are very deep, add a spoon of olive oil or sweet almond oil.
- Soak your feet for about twenty minutes in warm water and then gently massage with this paste.
This is one of the best natural cracked heel treatment and will also prevent further cracking.
5 – Wax & Mustard Oil Treatment!
If you have tried everything else and yet not able to cure cracked heels, you need to give the wax treatment for cracked heels. You need paraffin wax for this. To make this more simpler, you can even use the wax melted from a regular candle lying in your home! For this,
- Make pieces of a candle after removing its wick (thread).
- Now take some mustard oil.
- Heat the wax and the mustard oil to make a paste like formation.
- After soaking your feet in warm water and scrubbing the dry skin off, apply this wax-mustard oil paste on your heel cracks.
- If you have deep cracks, fill this wax paste into those fissures.
- Then wear a pair of socks.
- It will be more effective if you do this cracked heels treatment before going to bed.
- Do it for about a week and you will be astonished at your smooth feet without cracked heels!
- Save the wax-mustard oil paste in a bottle.
- Next time when you need it, you just have to heat it a little or keep it out in sun for sometime and its ready to heal cracked heels!
This remedy with wax and oil is one of the best remedies for cracked heels and you will look no further for more remedies when you use this. Here’s a wish for you!
A quick tip: If you have been lazy enough to try any home remedies for cracked heels, just do this- when you have your daily bath, use a pumice stone to rub your heels for just a minute (daily!) After bathing, moisturize your feet with some good moisturizer. If nothing else, keep a bottle filled with glycerin and rose water (plain water will also do!) mixture. Apply this everyday after bathing. You’ll never get cracked heels! And you’ll never need to look for home remedies for cracked heels either!