With the New Year setting in, one of the age old trends is to don the fitness hat every year with a lot of enthusiasm and zeal and eventually losing the fizz with every passing day of the year! Are you also one of them who hits this road block to achieving the fitness goals every year? Well, in that case, the technology boom is here to offer you a helping hand with its fitness apps in order to keep your fitness goals on track. These apps help you push past the monotony and assist you in energizing your habits. Let’s take a look at the top three fitness apps for 2017.
1. Yonder – Free App (iOS and Android)
If you are someone who is an outdoor adventurer or travel aficionado, with this app you can find and share outdoor venture based on your location and interests. With its plethora of categories that give you a chance to choose from backpacking and biking to skiing and kayaking, it enables you to check out the local options and also get a 360 degrees view with the experiences shared by fellow Yonder users. The app inspires you to be associated with nature by giving you a panoramic view of the places and experiences that lie around you. It also acts as a social platform by encouraging you to read what others have to say about it and enables you to share your own experiences along with pictures.
- Helps you discover thousands of geo-located images and videos across the globe.
• Facilitates you to share your adventures by uploading photos and videos.
• Enables easy searching and browsing of the huge database of over 20,000 destinations.
• Allows you to explore 25 activities.
• Enables you to follow bikers, skiers, hikers, climbers, and more across the globe.
• Facilitates browsing a feed or exploring any map.
• Allows you to “Like” and post comments.
• Facilitates you to share directly to Twitter, Facebook, email, and SMS.
2. Aaptiv – $9.99/month or $75/year (iOS and Android)
This fitness app sets itself apart from the other apps by offering on-demand audio fitness training via your smart phone. It gives you the feel of personal coaching on the go where each trainer motivates you to get, set, and go! It also helps to keep up the tempo of your training with great music to keep you energized throughout the session. The app provides an amazing experience by syncing the inspirational guidance of a trainer with the perfect blend of a perfect playlist to give you an on-demand audio fitness experience.
- Provides you with an unlimited access to 100s of fitness classes in cycling, running, elliptical, treadmill, walking, strength training, yoga, and meditation.
- Offers full and half marathon and 5k and 10k training programs to prepare you for your race.
- Facilitates high intensity interval training to help you effectively build muscle, burn calories, and lose weight.
- Offers you amazing playlists.
- Provides you with customizable workouts to record the duration, intensity, distance, and calories burned.
- Enables you to track your progress directly through the app.
- Acts as a Health Kit integration so that you can have all your workout data saved in the app.
3. Forks Over Knives – free (plus monthly and yearly paid subscriptions for iOS and Android)
Are you planning to overhaul your diet? This app offers a plethora of whole-food and plant-based recipes from well-known chefs across the globe. Each of these recipes provides step-by-step instructions along with photographs of the dish. It enables you to make notes, save your favorites, and create your shopping lists.
- Offers over 300+ tasty, whole-food, and plant-based recipes.
- Allows you to search and prepare your favorite recipes with ease.
- Makes preparation very simple being assisted with step-by-step instructions.
- Allows you to synchronize your shopping lists across multiple devices via iCloud.
- Allows you to prepare a convenient shopping list for your required grocery items.
- Offers a landscape mode for viewing recipes full-screen.
- Contains contributions from over 20 leading chefs.
- Provides tips on the plant-based lifestyle and more.
So, wish you a happy fitness goal setting for 2017!
Disclaimer: This post is not an advertisement for the apps. It is a general review based on writer’s preferences who thinks these are the top health fitness apps for 2017 as they bring fun into the otherwise boring routine for staying fit.