Life is so unfair. There are few girls who eat what they want and eat a lot, still look slim. On the contrary, there are few teenage girls who eat moderately, still look chubby. If you are the one who have weight problems as a teenage girl, don’t blame your gene or the food. It’s indeed, the hormonal changes! Well, in many cases, if not all!
- Those who don’t care about their body image and health, and
- Those who incessantly think about the same.
Whatever it is, if you are stout and carry extra weight, you should lose weight. Being overweight is neither healthy nor trendy!
Why lose weight?
Brain storm, why should you lose weight?
- Lose weight to reduce your size.
- Lose weight to avoid lifestyle disorders.
- Lose weight to stay healthy and energetic.
- Lose weight to look more beautiful.
- Lose weight to reduce the health risks associated with obesity.
- Lose weight to perform well in sports (heavy body is always a hindrance).
These were some good or logical reasons to lose weight. However, you should never consider about losing weight just for superficial reasons
- Don’t lose weight to go size-zero.
- Don’t lose weight to become like a super skinny model.
- Don’t lose weight to get thinner, faster.
- Don’t lose weight to impress your boyfriend or friends.
- Don’t lose weight to compete with others
Lose weight for your good, not to become unhealthy.
Why Teenage Girls become Obese?
Before you look into weight loss tips, get an understanding why teenage girls gain weight?
Obesity during teenage is quite a complex issue. You cannot simply blame the food habits or other causes for weight gain. Teenage girls are more likely to gain weight during puberty because this phase brings a lot of changes, both physical and emotional. It is the phase where a lot of hormones influence girls. Your weight gain isn’t an outcome of one single cause, there are many!
1. Teenage girls are overweight naturally – The Bitter Truth
According to a study about obesity by World Health Organization, women are fatter and obese than men. Just like men have more muscles, women have more fat. When it comes to Body Mass Index, BMI values of girls are slightly larger than boys from the age of 7 to 16. After the age of 18 though, BMI values of men are a little larger than women. Now you know why overweight teenage boys are harder to find than overweight teenage girls.
Women, naturally, are fatter probably because at some point of their lives, they may nourish a fetus from their own reserves. Women, thus, have to store energy in the form of fat for future pregnancies.
2. Genetics to be blamed for teenage girl’s weight
How soon you develop a full body is influenced greatly by the genetics. In fact your genes also influence,
- How often you eat
- How soon you feel fuller
- How your body processes the foods you eat
- Size and structure of your fat cells
These factors also determine whether you will be an obese or a skinny, slim and slender teenage girl. These are the reasons that make you obese after childbirth and menopause too. Thankfully, nature doesn’t discriminate males and females on this criteria. Therefore teenage boys might also become overweight due to these genetic factors.
Teenage Girls Weight Loss Plan – Diet Plus Exercise
Change your food choices and eating patterns!
Weight loss is more about diet. You can lose weight by eating healthy and doing some workouts. However, there are few who are more likely to gain weight even if they eat healthy. Those girls should focus more on physical workouts. Without changing the diet, you cannot lose weight. It doesn’t mean you should grab all veggies and fruits, eat it all the day. Just make some small changes. It makes a big difference.
5 Simple tweaks for teenage girls weight loss
# 1 Include some vegetable in all major meals
This helps you derive the nutrients you lack and gives you a lot of fiber. You can simply munch on a carrot, or a healthy salad. If not, eat a few bites of cucumber after every meal. It helps you in proper digestion, prevents accumulation of fat.
# 2 Bite fruits as snacks
Don’t you love fruits? You will fall in love with fruits once you visually notice the difference in your skin texture and tone when you eat fruits regularly. Fruits make healthy snacks. They also control your sugar cravings. Keep no limits on fruit intake, just go for it whenever you need.
Eat fruits, not fruit juices or shakes! If possible, eat fruits for your dinner at least once a week!
#3 Eat raw, unsalted and whole nuts
We love to eat crispy roasted salted nuts! But raw is what you need. Nuts are good for your health as long as you eat it raw! They too taste heavenly. So, eat a handful of nuts twice a day, but stick to whole nuts.
# 4 Don’t skip meals and starve to lose weight
This is the major trap that most of the teenage girls fall for. Starving eats up your muscles and not fat. It makes you feel low and you lose energy. Besides, it increases your sugar cravings. So, don’t skip , whatever the reason may be.
# 5 Drink water to lose weight
This is simple! Drink water to lose weight. Okay, drinking water doesn’t reduce your weight. However, it fixes all those errors in your body that helps you lose weight. Drinking water helps you,
- Stay hydrated
- Prevent overeating
- Help you control your portions
- Reduce your intake of sugary drinks
- Prevents constipation
Drink water before your meals. Drink water whenever you feel like eating something. This may be thirst and not hunger.
Sometimes, you mistake thirst as hunger. If you feel hungry even after drinking water, eat something.
5 Foods with false weight loss claims
Once you have determined to lose weight, you will be poured in a lot of suggestions. Especially about the choice of foods you make. There are quite a few foods and ingredients that carry claims about weight loss, which is untrue. Following is the list of top 5 foods with false weight loss claims.
# 1 Instant Oatmeal
There are a lot of claims that oatmeal is one of the world’s healthiest foods. The reality is quite different. Oatmeal that is available in stores is highly processed. In general, oatmeal takes a longer time to cook. However, the instant oatmeal cooks in a minute. It won’t keep you fuller and you are more likely to suffer from low energy if you eat oatmeal for your breakfast.
Instead have whole grains, that too in limited quantities.
# 2 Flavored Yogurt
When we speak about healthy foods, yogurt holds a strong place. However, flavored yogurt contains the calories and sugars as much as what you get when you eat candy and donuts. The variety and flavor make it a high calorie food. Besides, teen girls need more nutritious foods. You can eat plain yogurt (not flavored) as a part of your midday meal or evening snack.
If you really love yogurt, go for Greek yogurt or yogurt made at home!
# 3 Protein Bars
To lose weight, eat proteins. This is the major claim advertised with protein bars. Eating proteins make you feel fuller and prevent you from going for a second serving. However, protein bars are not healthy. Remember, anything that comes in colorful package is not good for weight loss. Protein bars, although literally contains more protein, are more like a sugary treat. They are processed and are high in sugar as well as calories.
Say no to protein bars. If needed have natural proteins from sprouted grains, eggs and lean meat.
# 4 Fruit Smoothies
Smoothies aren’t really healthy! If you think, a glass of fresh smoothie can provide you nutrients, you might not be correct (if you add a lots of sugar, or other such ingredients). Fruits are healthier, not fruit juices and smoothies made with sugar. You would generally add a lot of ingredients to make a smoothie. Especially, yogurt, sugar, etc. Smoothies generally spike your blood sugar level and you will feel hungry very soon.
Go for a vegetable smoothie with one portion of fruit! And don’t add sugar to this.
# 5 Fruit Juices and shakes
Fruit juices bought from stores in canned forms are high on calories as well as sugar. You would love to buy a glass of mango milk shake or apple juice. But know that you will get less nutritious value and more calories. However, if you make fruit juices at home without adding anything else but only by crushing or grinding the fruits, its healthier. However, you won’t get the beneficial fiber from the fruit. A glass of pineapple juice will be digested easily in an hour. On the contrary, when you can eat a whole pineapple throughout the day with meals and snacks!
If you want to drink fruit juice, make at home and add nothing to the juice. Best option is to have whole fruits.
5 Foods teenage girls should avoid when it’s about losing weight
While focusing on healthy eating, you should also avoid certain foods and try to eliminate them from your diet. At least, reduce the frequency and quantity of these foods. Following are the top 5 foods to avoid if you plan to lose weight.
#1 No Packaged Foods
Any food, even if it is a frozen food or pre-cooked food that comes in a packet with an expiry date is not good for you. Nothing can be packaged without adding preservatives and chemicals. Say no to ‘ready-to-cook’ foods and foods that come in a package. This is a very simple thing that can benefit you in a long run.
Eat fresh and natural!
# 2 No Pastries, bread and bakery products
Whites are unhealthy for you! White refers to refined products. White flour, white sugar, cream, etc. apparently make you gain weight. So, avoid eating cakes, bread and bakery products.
Instead, have fruits or a flourless cake!
# 3 No Fast Food Joints
If you are the one who love burgers, chicken wings and fries, and eat out often, just cut this one habit and you will lose weight fast! Reduce the frequency of visiting fast food joints.
Go for home cooked food as often as you can!
# 4 No Salted foods – No Chips
Watching television or playing games or chatting with friends with a packet of chips and soft drink can be quite appealing, yet very unhealthy. So, don’t eat chips and fries bought from stores. Go for healthy alternatives like air popped corns! When badly craving for fries, make it at home, that too once in a month!
Have boiled, mashed potatoes instead!
# 5 No Sugar
Sugar mentioned here doesn’t represent the teaspoon of sugar you add in your coffee or milk. Sugar means candies, cookies, jams, desserts, etc.
If you have a sweet tooth, eat the desserts made of jaggery or palm sugar. It provides you iron and tastes delicious! And doesn’t contribute to your fat depositions
Cutting down salt and sugar (excluding those used in daily cooking) reduces water retention and calorie intake.
3 Healthy juices and drinks for teenage girls weight loss
Juicing for weight loss is not a healthy option. Yet, you can add some efforts to weight loss with some healthy juices. Don’t worry, these juices and drinks taste good. You don’t need to drink bitter gourd juice every day.
Warm Lemon Juice
Drink warm lemon juice as soon as you wake up. Drinking a cup of warm lemon juice can bring a positive change in how you look. It kick starts your metabolism right in the morning.
Lemons contain vitamin C and antioxidants. They help in neutralizing acidity in your body. (Acidity, heartburn and bloating are some of the uninvited guests of being overweight). Alkalizing your body is good for everyone when trying to lose weight and not only for teenage girls.
- Get a glass of warm water.
- Squeeze a lemon into this warm water.
- Add a teaspoon of honey. It’s optional though.
- Drink it on an empty stomach each morning.
After 20 or 30 minutes, have your regular tea, coffee or breakfast.
Buttermilk for weight loss in teenage girls
Buttermilk is one of the least popular and least preferred health drinks. In fact, not many are aware about the health benefits of buttermilk. Buttermilk is not just a refreshing summer drink. You can drink buttermilk as a part of your daily diet.
Buttermilk isn’t a glass of health drink that melts your fat away instantly. Yet, this simple and delicious beverage can bring a big difference in your weight loss efforts. You can shed a kilo or two extra by including buttermilk in your diet.
- It contains natural probiotics, which is essential for your gut.
- It is low in calorie, certainly healthier than milk based drinks. It reduces your calorie intake.
- It is highly nutritious. It provides you with potassium, calcium and vitamins.
- It is a low fat drink.
- It is delicious and makes a good snack.
- It prevents you from dehydration and rejuvenates you.
- It is a versatile drink and you can add more herbs and spices to make it delicious as well as healthier.
A simple buttermilk recipe:
Things you need:
- A cup of plain yogurt or curd
- Chopped ginger, coriander, curry leaves, mint leaves and green chili. (you can grind it all and add to the butter milk)
- Salt (preferably black salt)
- A pinch of asafetida (optional)
How to make it:
- Beat curd / yogurt using a blender or in the mixer.
- Add the spices and blend it again.
- Add water and grind it again. Cream will separate from the yogurt.
- Extract the buttermilk, add salt and hing.
- Have it.
You can add or reduce the spices to customize the drink as you wish.
How to include buttermilk to the diet?
- Take buttermilk as a snack, along with a few vegetables.
- Drink it along with breakfast and lunch. It makes you feel fuller.
- Don’t drink buttermilk at night.
- Don’t worry about drinking buttermilk during winters. While you drink it serving chilled during summer, drink it at room temperature during winter.
ABC Drink – A miraculous drink for teenage girls
Herbalists in China introduced this drink to cure lung disorders. People weren’t really interested about this drink. This isn’t a one in thousand weight loss juice recipes. It provides you with innumerable benefits of body and mind.
ABC – Apple, Beetroot and Carrot
This magical combo is packed with a lot of vitamins, anti-oxidants, minerals, fiber and trace elements. Micronutrients and micro minerals like selenium, manganese, phosphorous, copper etc. It is packed with nutrients and provides you all essential nutrients your body needs.
- It is low in calories as you don’t add sugar or other ingredients to enhance the flavor.
- It is healthy, made from fresh fruits and veggies!
- It is nutritious enough to address the minor health problems.
ABC juice recipe
Things you need:
- Equal portions of apple, beetroot and carrot.
- Don’t peel skin of apples and carrots.
- Lemon, ginger and mint (if you want to add some flavor)
(Don’t worry, it will taste good)
How to make it?
- Shred beets
- Cut apples and carrots into cubes.
- Blend it all in a mixer. (Add mint and ginger if you are using it)
- Squeeze a lemon, add its juice and drink it immediately.
Drink it every morning, as a part of your breakfast. In 2 or 3 weeks, you can notice a beautiful, glowing and a healthier version of you in the mirror.
Warm lemon juice in the morning, ABC drink along with breakfast and buttermilk as a snack or as a part of your lunch! These healthy drinks will give your growing body all the nutrients it needs. Additionally, they will keep you away from hunger pangs.
List of Foods must in teenage girl’s diet
- One Banana a day – Gives you sufficient potassium and debloats you, reduces water retention
- Pomegranate – Elixir of youth. Eating one pomegranate a day tones your organs and protects you from a number of diseases.
- Papaya – Helps generate good enzymes in your body. Good for those girls who suffer from poor menstruation cycle.
- Dates – An iron rich food that contains healthy natural sugar. Eat dates when craving for sweets.
- Pineapple – An enzyme rich fruit full of fiber. Manages the imbalances in your body. You will reduce weight at a quick pace by eating pineapples every day.
- Beetroot – Literally, eating or drinking beets means you are injecting blood into your body! Low iron is one of the causes of bloating and obesity.
- Sweet Potatoes – A healthy vegetable with lots of micro nutrients and minerals.
- Weight Loss vegetables – Cucumber, squash, and celery. Add them to your salads daily
- Raisins – A natural laxative, provides you with iron.
- Nuts – Contain omega 3 fatty acids and regulate the fat and cholesterol
- Meat and poultry (Lean meat) – Full of proteins
- Pulses and lentils – A vegetarian version of proteins
- Millets – More nutritious and less refined than polished rice
10 Simple Ways for Teenage Girls to Achieve Healthy Weight Loss
Pack your lunch to school
you would love to enjoy a short hang out with friends! Yet, get the home cooked meals packed to your school.
Sweets, desserts, and treats are meant for special achievements
You don’t need to stay away from all your favorite foods. Yet, keep it minimal and treat yourself during special occasions only.
Party at home
Parties? Celebrate at home with special home cooked foods! Your mamma makes great food, so make the parties and celebrations healthy!
Heavy foods? Workout a bit extra
Just compensate your intake by expending the same.
Brush your teeth immediately after dinner
Brushing prevents your cravings at night and you are less likely to gain more calories.
Eat fulfilling breakfast
Studies reveal that those who eat breakfast remain energetic, have less cravings and are less likely to gain weight.
Do some simple stretches
It enhances blood circulation and makes you feel good. Stretching is a base to exercise. If your muscles are stretched, you can easily do some exercises and practice yoga.
Have a good sleep
Good sleep is crucial for everyone and teenage girls are no exception. Enjoy a good night’s sleep.
Check your menstrual cycle
Don’t ignore it. There is a lot riding on your menstrual health. Eat iron rich foods and keep your hemoglobin level intact.
Involve in a lot of activities
Apart from studying and using television, computers and mobile phones, involve in other activities that need you to move physically. It refreshes your body and mind.
- Do gardening; it is good for your body and for your family too!
- Learn cooking; it is a stress-busting activity.
- Rearrange your home decor, clean your home twice a month.
- Dance; learn whatever you love, dancing is a great exercise
Emotional Support from Parents
Parents are more concerned about obese and overweight teenage girls. Weight gain is a normal transitional phase and a part of physical growth during puberty. However, there is a lot of difference between looking fat and gaining weight. So, parents shouldn’t really worry about weight gain in teenage girls as long as she doesn’t go plump.
Talking about excess weight every now and then affects the self esteem and hurt the teenage girls. Parents shouldn’t criticize the girls who are growing obese. Instead, explain them in a positive way about their body image and how being obese can affect their lives.
Some family habits that can help the teenage girls lose weight.
Whether it is a genetic problem or eating pattern or lack of care from parents, home is the first place to learn what to eat and how to eat. Changing some of the following family habits certainly help the teenage girls in their weight loss journey.
- Not eating meals in front of the television
- Reducing eating out
- Focus on healthy snacks
- Keep the refrigerator free from packaged foods
- Developing the habit of eating home cooked foods
- Fixing eating time for every meal
- Sitting together and eating at least one meal as a family
- No separate foods for everyone. If you want to eat veggies, it is for all. If you want to eat fries, it is for all.
- Create some rules that everything you eat should be from your plate. No cups, no bowls, no separate snack plate.
- Go for medium servings
Count on Physical Activities – Weight Loss Tips for Teenage Girls
We have learnt how diet goes a long way in weight loss efforts. Let us look into some exercises that boost the weight loss efforts. With regular exercise and healthy food choices, you can literally drop a few sizes and 3 to 5 kgs in a month’s time.
Move your body
You should get at least 30 to 45 minutes exercise daily. You can do any exercise, from walking, jogging , aerobics, and literally anything that makes you physically active.
- Join a dance class. Dance isn’t about the traditional dances. Pick any specific dance that burns your calories crazily like zumba!
- Join aerobics. It is light and rhythmic.
- Join a gym or fitness center to get trained under a certified trainer if you are skeptical about doing something on your own.
High Intensity Interval Training
Don’t panic about hearing high intensity interval training or workout. It isn’t really hard and don’t get afraid to experience it. HITT is nothing but cardiovascular exercises. It is about a combination of intense / rapid activity followed by a lower intensity activity. HIIT is the best form of exercises to lose weight rapidly and it blasts your fat too!
- Go for a brisk walk for 1 minute and power walk (walk at a rapid pace, but don’t run) for a minute.
- Jog for a minute and sprint for a minute.
- Jump the rope slowly for 30 seconds and do it faster for 30 seconds.
- Do sit-ups slowly for 30 seconds and repeat the same in faster speed.
Walking and Running
Talk to your parents and discuss about the safer exercises you can try to lose weight. When it comes to safe options, walking holds the first place. However, walking burns more fat than calories. So, you can combine walking and running.
- Walking for 30 minutes a day helps you manage your weight.
- Walking for 45 + minutes day expends energy, burn calories and fat.
- Running functions on your energy and it burns more calorie.
Join a yoga class
More than walking and running, doing yoga benefits women a lot. Yoga is in fact a great option for teenage girls. It tones your whole body, nourishes you from internally and acts as a protective tool from a myriad of health conditions. When you start practicing yoga from a young age, you can literally stay healthy, beautiful and younger for years.
How Yoga is Beneficial
- Yoga is mild and flexible.
- It strengthens the internal organs, like uterus, pelvis, etc.
- It makes the bones stronger and prevents the risk of osteoporosis.
- It improves complexion and makes you glow!
Once you learn a few basic poses, you can practice the same regularly at home.
Make exercises fun and a part of your routine
Exercises or workouts aren’t about doing it in a gym or sweating out running, etc. Exercises are really fun. Exercise is a complex term but you can enjoy the same, if we call playing Frisbee or belly dancing an exercise, won’t you enjoy it!
Some simple physical activities lose weight
- Stand up straight and raise your hands.
- Stretch right side and come back to normal posture.
- Stretch left side and return back to normal posture.
- Repeat this for 25 times.
You know how to do a sit-up. Do sit-ups for 10 times without a break. Take a break for a minute and repeat it thrice.
- Lie on your back and
- Keep your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Place your finger tips right behind your ears.
- Pull your shoulders back in a way that your elbows are out to the side.
- Brace your abs and then raise your body up towards your knees
- Shoulders should be lifted off the floor.
- Keep your head straight always (look straight)- Don’t rest chin on chest and don’t pull your head forward.
- Roll back down to the starting position.
It is a basic structure exercise that every child has performed in school. Jumping jacks are good for your heart and enhance the functions of the lungs. Above all, it makes your body a calorie burning machine.
- Stand erect with hands touching the thighs
- First jump – Spread your legs, place the feet slightly apart and extend the hands sideways, simultaneously
- Second jump – Bring the feet together and raise your arms above your head.
- Third jump – Spread the legs and feet, bring your hands forward.
- Fourth jump – Bring the feet together and put the hands down.
Fours jumps make one set. So, try to do at least 25 sets initially.
Forward bends exercises:
It focuses on your abdominal muscles and help you reduce the belly fat.
Seated forward bending
- Sit straight with legs erected in front.
- Gradually lower your upper body and try to touch the knees with your head, without bending the knee.
- You will find it difficult during the initial phase, but practice makes perfect.
Standing forward bending
- Stand straight
- Slowly bend your upper body and try to touch the knees.
- Hold your hands on floor (try it) near the foot.
- Gradually raise the body.
Stay in this position for 30 counts each and repeat three to five times.
It is recommended to start any workout regime after discussing and consulting with your parents.
An Easy Diet for Teen Girls to Lose Weight in a Week
For the teenage girls who find it too hard to lose weight, not for early teens! Suitable for girls aged 17 to 19!
If you are reasonably healthy with no health conditions or any severe hormonal disorders, you can try this diet to lose up to 3 to 6 kgs in a week. It is called GM diet.
This diet was designed to nourish the employees who work of General Motors Company Inc. this is a popular weight loss diet that lasts for 7 days. The diet helps you,
- Nourish your body from internally
- Weight loss
- Feel light and energized
Day 1: It is called a fruit day
You are allowed to eat a lot of fruits, almost unlimited, but only fruits for the whole day. Eat fruits as much as you wish, except bananas. Some of the fruits that are highly recommended include watermelons, pineapple, melons, apple, etc. Doesn’t it sound great to kick start a weight loss diet regime with fruits? You can eat a lot of variety and don’t get bored at all!
Fruits contain natural sugars and don’t make you tired since you don’t eat your carbohydrate. Besides, your body gets prepared to flush out toxins!
Day 2: It is a vegetable day
You can eat all types of vegetables all through the day. Just like fruit day, you should eat only vegetables. You can consume it in any form! To get the complex carbohydrate, start your breakfast with a big bowl of boiled / baked potatoes topped with butter! Just sprinkle a pinch of salt. You can add peppers / chili flakes to enhance the flavor. During the day, eat your vegetables as salads, stews (a pinch of salt), sautéed with sprinkles of oil or bake it.
Day 2 provides you with energy and balances the food you ate on the day 1. Vegetables give sufficient nutrients and a lot of fiber to excrete the accumulated toxins. You can add salad dressings like vinegar, garlic, lemon, and herbs.
Day 3: Fruit and Veggie Combo
It is a combination of the first and second day. You get your energy from fruits, no bananas though. No potatoes too. You will still have some cravings for foods. Make a variety of combos with fruits and veggies.
By the end of the day, your body would be completely prepared to melt away the excess pounds.
Day 4: Milk and Banana with a special soup eaten thrice
It is a completely different diet from the first three days. This combination may appear strange, but be ready to get some surprise. If you succeed and reached fourth day, you are almost 80 % done.
8 bananas and 3 glasses of milk are allowed today. Besides, you can include the special soup thrice. You don’t need all 8 bananas and you won’t eat all of it.
Bananas are the richest source of potassium, which gives you back the sodium lost in your body. Similarly, milk is calcium rich drink. Loss of calcium during the first phase is met here.
A special soup is to provide you additional nutrients and dose of fiber. The recipe is given later, at the end of the 7 days GM diet.
You will find you no longer have cravings for sugar!
Day 5: Meat and Tomatoes
Go on and feast on meat. If you are a vegetarian, replace meat with red rice or millet with lentils. The quantity allowed is about 300 grams of meat / 300 – 400 grams of red rice or millet inclusive of any pulse and 6 big tomatoes.
Meat contains proteins and iron. Tomatoes cleanse your system fully and aids in better digestion. Vegetarians can get protein and iron from rice, pulse and millet.
- You cannot really eat all meat / rice by yourself. But you should eat all tomatoes.
- If you cannot eat it raw, juice it! Drink as a fresh juice or tomato soup. (No cheese, cream or fried croutons)
- Also have lots of water.
You would have noticed your urine color turns colorless! It is an indication that your body is alkaline!
Day 6: Meat and Vegetables
Just like day five, skip the tomatoes and include vegetables. Other requisites are same. There is one more surprise for you! No limitations on meat and vegetables. Consume as much as you want. Similarly, when it comes to rice, stick to red or brown rice and no white rice.
You can see a different you and a slimmer you in the mirror by day 5 itself.
Day 7: Eat everything that you had in the past six days
Eat everything that was part of the diet for the past six days. However, no meat is allowed. Instead of meat, you should consume brown rice.
Check your weight the next day. You would have surely lost around 3 to 6 kgs.
GM Diet Wonder Soup
The following soup supplements your diet. You can have it any time of the day and as much as you want to. To make the soup, use the following ingredients
- Onions – 6
- Green Peppers – 2
- Tomatoes – 3
- Cabbage – 1
- Celery – 1 bunch
- Water – 22 oz of water (about 2 – 3/4 glasses)
How to make it
- Cut the onions and green pepper
- Lightly saute them in a few drops of olive oil till they turn light brown.
- Chop celery, tomatoes and cabbage.
- Add all the ingredients to a large pot with water.
- Bring it to a boil
- Now simmer and slow cook till everything gets tender. It takes about an hour.
- Add salt, dried herbs or spices of your choice and pepper.
- Have it
Some tips about following GM diet
- No fruit juices are allowed for the 7 days. Eat fruits.
- Vegetable juices are great.
- Low salt. It is recommended to go for black salt or Himalayan salt.
- Drink a lots of water. Double the intake of water on day 5.
- Sip herbal teas (with half a teaspoon honey), green tea and black tea.
- Go for coffee, but no milk!
- Add flavors to the foods with herbs, spices and a few drops of oil.
This diet is all about cleansing, detox and improving your gut! The weight you lost is more of the toxins. Continue with health routine to achieve the desired goal.
Things to consider before going on GM diet
This is a healthy diet and even recommended by physicians, alternative medicine practitioners and dietitians, but you should try it only if you don’t suffer from any serious health condition.
- GM diet is not a long term diet. It lasts for 7 days and shouldn’t be repeated sooner.
- Drinking a lot of water or herbal drinks are necessary to stay hydrated. Otherwise, your skin may turn dry.
- You are more likely to experience fatigue in the third and fourth day. Fourth day might be literally tough to handle. Just hold yourself tight and finish it off!
- Don’t try this diet very often. You can try this diet once in every 4 to 6 weeks, considering your health condition.
- If you want to lose around 10 kgs, you can try this as a motivation. However, make sure you are doing this on a holiday when you stay at home for a week as you dramatically change your eating pattern,
- This works well if you are slightly plump and wants to tone your body.
- After you lose a few kgs, you should stick to healthy eating and do exercise regularly to manage the weight loss as well to lose more weight.
Quite tips on teenage girls weight loss
Success doesn’t come in a day. Don’t be in a hurry to see the results. As mentioned above, your genetics play a major role in determining your physical structure.
- Start slowly and proceed with everything gradually. Don’t try to change anything dramatically. Nothing happens faster. Slow and steady wins the race.
- Set a goal and proceed accordingly.
- Just leave some little inspirational notes at various places in your home. It acts an indirect motivation.
- Instead of chewing gum, chew some mint leaves. Mint reduces the appetite (not regular appetite, but the cravings). Also, when you chew gum, you would gain extra sugar and a stomach full of air!
- Pick dark chocolates over candies milk chocolates.
- Don’t strain yourself with exercises. Be gentle. Even if you cannot workout, just play some music and dance like you are alone in the world!
- Listen what your body wants. If it is hunger, eat something healthy and don’t drink the sugary stuff. If it is sleepy, go to sleep. If it is tired, drink something fresh and rejuvenating.
- Make a list of activities you can do when you have free time.
- Don’t change your food habits suddenly.
- Take some deep breaths when you are watching TV or lying on the bed. It won’t trouble you.
- Place a glass or jug of water near your bed. When you wake up at night, or you feel thirsty, sip it. It prevents you from going to the kitchen and eat something.
If you stick to healthy eating and daily exercises, you can lose a minimum of 8 to 10 kg in a few months. Write down everything in a diary! It will be a fabulous journey.
It is far more easier for a teenage girl to lose weight than a grown up woman. You know why? Because your metabolism is higher than the grown-ups! You don’t need to boost your metabolism. Just be active and keep an eye on what you eat and drink. This is enough for a teenage girl to lose weight!
Here are some weight loss tips for teenage guys too!