How to Reduce Belly Fat?
Belly fat is one of the most stubborn fat to reduce but is not impossible. In fact, you can reduce belly fat in 15 days! even in 5 days! All depends on the intensity of your efforts to lose belly fat fast?
Every other individual wants to lose belly fat! Belly is the primary part that invites the deposits of fat and extra calories. Both men and women store fat in belly invariably. Belly fat not just implies the extra calorie deposits and fatty deposits in your stomach, it also indicates the accumulation of toxins in your body. The heavy stomach many times appears awkward on you! Big stomach is beautiful only when you carry a baby, not the fat or toxins!
What can you do to reduce belly fat? There are many things you may think and wish to try to reduce belly fat.
Reducing belly fat is all about improving digestion, creating the heat internally to melt fat (obviously with super foods for weight loss that meticulously address belly fat) and a few exercises that involve twisting stomach!
Whether it is love handles or a big bloated balloon stomach, you can reduce the belly. Read here about the best weight loss tips for belly fat reduction!
Keep your digestive fire intact!
According to Ayurvedic principles, belly fat and putting weight around your stomach is caused by poor digestion and absence of digestive fire in your body. Digestive organs need the heat element to digest the foods. Absence of the heat leads to poor digestion or indigestion. In most cases, those with belly fat often suffer from some kind of digestive problems.
In other concepts, when your stomach is big, when you lie flat on your back, the belly is slightly elevated than your chest. So, the food you eat moves back to the throat through the food pipe from stomach to mouth. So, it leads to acid reflux, heartburn, etc.
You don’t eat when you lie down, isn’t it? This is reason why we don’t even drink water while lying down. The food pipe that carries the food should travel downwards, not upwards.
So, stimulating the digestive process helps you stay on track. This is not a direct home remedy to reduce belly fat. However, it surely removes the toxins accumulated in the body and gives your body a good detox effect. When you detox, you can lose up to 2 or 3 kgs! You can even have detox drinks for weight loss
! Besides, good digestion prevents many ailments including accumulation of fat deposits around your body.
When the digestive fire is tampered, it shows way for accumulation of toxins which ultimately leads to abdominal fat.
How to stimulate digestive fire to burn fat and prevent fat deposits?
Add a lot of ginger to your diet
When it comes to burning fat and stimulating good digestion, ginger comes handy. It is easily available anywhere and very cheap.
- Ginger contains anti-inflammatory, anti-obesity, anti-bacterial, anti-viral and many other powerful healing properties.
- Sipping a cup of hot ginger tea is quite refreshing!
- The hot nature of ginger burns fat and calories.
You can add ginger in your diet in many ways.
- Add a few thin slices of ginger in daily cooking. If you cook any flavored or one pot meal, you can use ginger.
- Crush the ginger and add when you brew tea
- Ginger and honey water. Boil water and add a crushed piece of ginger. When the water turns warm, add honey and drink it.
- Add ginger to curries, gravies and spicy dishes.
- Top the homemade soup with a few pieces of thin or sliced ginger.
Eat Coconut Oil
Yes, you read it right! Eat coconut oil. Coconut oil contains essential fatty acids which melts the fat and inhibits fat accumulation around the belly. Coconut oil increases the metabolism of the body. The enhanced metabolism burns fat and prevents fat storage. Your body or belly will be no longer a fat storage! Coconut oil contains a nutrient that is found only in breast milk, it is called lauric acid!
The way the coconut oil is metabolized by the body is quite different from other ingredients. It isn’t digested by the body. Rather, the digestive system sends the coconut oil to the liver, which is used as an energy source. So, it changes the metabolism of the body for better.
How to take coconut oil?
- Take two teaspoons of edible coconut oil once or twice a day. Better, if you consume it in the morning and night!
- Add coconut oil when you cook. You can reduce fat as well gain fat burning ability!
But remember, coconut oil is a fat too! So, don’t overeat. If having it by itself, don’t use for cooking and vice versa. Only 1-2 teaspoons a day. That’s all you need to have to increase metabolism
and burn belly fat.
Granny’s secret recipe to reduce belly fat
Here is an old age secret recipe to reduce belly fat.
Things you need: 50 grams ginger and 100 grams honey. Regardless of the quantity you use, follow this ratio, ginger 1 part and honey 2 parts!
- Wash ginger and remove the skin.
- Cut it into small cubes or shred it.
- Let it dry under the sun for a day.
- Add honey and store it in an air tight container.
- Let the ginger get soaked in honey for 5 to 8 days.
- Eat the mixture one or two teaspoons a day.
- You will burn fat around your belly and waistline quickly.
You can buy and make the mixture in large quantities. Store in an airtight container and yes, don’t use wet spoon.
Massage your stomach daily for belly fat reduction
Massage your belly to loosen the fat deposits! Yes it works. Have you heard about ayurvedic massage to reduce belly fat? Massaging the stomach provides heat to the stomach muscles and loosens the rigid fat.
With reference to acupuncture and acupressure therapies, when you massage the stomach, the tiny pressure points stimulate the channels in the stomach and aids in digestion, fat reduction and healing disorders of stomach.
There are many tiny vessels present around your belly button, which are stimulated in acupuncture to boost fat burning ability. Because you can’t do acupuncture yourself (of course, if you haven’t learned it!), you can take help of massage to stimulate these pressure points. Massaging the belly blasts the fat deposits around the belly and reduces the size of the waist.
How to massage the belly to reduce fat around belly?
- Apply coconut oil on stomach and massage in circular motions. (Coconut oil deeply penetrates into the skin)
- Alternatively, you can use ginger and sesame oil. Add ginger to a cup of sesame oil and heat it. Apply the warm oil on stomach and massage in circulation motions.
- Give deep strokes (if you cannot do it yourself, seek some help) and manipulate the belly muscles.
- Just remember, never attempt massaging your belly after you have eaten your meals. Give a gap of at least 4-5 hours. Massage only when your stomach is empty.
- Massaging your abdominal area also reduces cellulite along with burning belly fat.
3 Home Made Packs for Massaging to Lose Belly Fat
There are many wonderful natural elements available to cure many ailments. The following are a few natural and homemade packs to lose belly fat. These packs help tightening the skin, fat burning and detox. The key to the success of these packs involves massaging your stomach with them. If you cannot do it, get some help.
Don’t worry; massaging won’t hurt the stomach or internal organs as long as you are not pregnant or planning for pregnancy.
Prickly Chaff Flower Leaves and Oil Pack
Chaff flower (Achyranthes aspera), also called devil’s horsewhip, is grown extensively in India and other Pacific Islands environments. Traditionally, it has been a part of stomach related ailments, used for ages now. Indian culture, ancient holistic systems and folk medicine stress the important and potential of prickly chaff flower leaves. It reduces inflammation, creates internal heat, removes the intestinal heat that affects digestion, etc.
How to make the pack for belly fat reduction?
Things you need:
- A cup of dried prickly chaff flower leaves
- Two cups of sesame oil
How to prepare:
- Dry the leaves and make it powder or
- Grind the leaves and make a nice paste
- Heat the oil and put the leaves in the boiling oil
- Let the oil turn warm.
- Extract the oil and apply to your stomach, massaging in circulation motion (from left to right and vice versa) all around your belly.
- You can do this for 10 to 15 minutes before bathing every day.
Dry powder massage
It is a popular massage included in Ayurvedic therapy to reduce the belly fat and blast the cellulite in the body. The fat literally melts away.
- Turmeric powder used for dry belly massage is an anti-inflammatory and anti-obesity spice!
- Ginger, you knew it!
- Mustard powder is the hottest spice that generates heat and melts fat!!!
- Sandalwood is a cooling ingredient to combat the extra heat. Besides, sandalwood provides skin tightening effect.
- Pink salt and black salt contains more than 50 minerals that have amazing healing effects. It provides deep nourishment and removes the dead cells.
Things you need:
- 5 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 5 teaspoons ginger (it can be either ginger juice or ginger powder)
- 5 teaspoons mustard powder (dry roast mustard seeds and grind to get powder)
- 5 teaspoons sandalwood powder
- 3 to 5 teaspoons black salt or pink salt
How to use it:
- Mix all ingredients and blend well.
- Make it a fine or coarse (mild coarse due to salt) power.
- Rub gently on your stomach.
- You will find the stomach generating heat upon applying this pack.
- Do this for 10 to 15 minutes, thrice a week.
Red sand pack
Red sand or red clay is one of the ingredients with numerous benefits to health. It can penetrate deeply into the skin. Red sand busts the cellulite and feed the skin and tissues with minerals. It tightens the saggy skin on your belly and reduces the waistline. You can either use red sand or red clay.
Things you need:
- Two cups of red sand or red clay
- Water (sufficient quantity to make it a watery paste)
How to prepare:
- Mix sand and water and make a thin or watery paste.
- Wash your stomach and pat dry it.
- Apply the paste on your stomach and cover it fully. (include hips, apply from below the breastbone to bikini line)
- It will dry very quickly and you can apply another coat again.
- Let it stay for 15 to 20 minutes before washing off.
Ice Pack also reduces Belly Fat!
Have you heard about cryo-therapy? It is nothing but cooling the fat cells using laser equipment. The frozen fat cells gradually remove themselves from the stomach and make your waistline slim and trim. Of course, it is expensive and you may have to shell out several thousand of bucks for a single sitting. Get a cryotherapy at home, which almost gives a similar effect upon regular practice. All you need is ice cubes. A 20 to 30 minutes ice pack application can be the key to trigger fat loss around your belly.
How it works? The concept is simple. Your body organs function properly only when the temperature is normal. So, if you drink ice water or a chilled juice, it spends more calories to generate heat in the body to kill the coldness. Based on similar concept, ice pack or ice rubbing on stomach generates a lot of heat internally to regulate the temperature of the body. So, burn a lot of fat and calories as well. Besides, regular application of ice packs also kills the fat cells. Isn’t it a easy way to reduce belly fat?
How to apply ice pack to reduce belly fat?
- Wrap ice cubes in a cloth and place this pack on your stomach.
- Freeze a wet cloth in the freezer and place the cloth on the stomach.
- Rub ice cubes on your stomach. (wrap the cubes on a small cloth)
- Do any of these for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash your stomach with warm water.
Regardless of any massage you try, always wash your stomach with warm water.
Tips to Drink and Eat for Belly Fat Reduction
What you eat counts your health and well-being. There are many health conditions, especially lifestyle conditions you can easily treat with changes in your food habits! Food is the major medicine to cure many ailments.
Small things reduce big fat belly
Do some minor changes in what you eat. These tiny things make a big difference in how you look, providing a positive impact on reduction of your belly. Follow at least any of these daily to notice the belly fat melting gradually.
Kick start your day with lemon
You could have heard it very often. Do this and you will notice who your body transforms beautifully beyond reducing the belly fat!
Why should you drink lemon?
- Lemon is full of vitamin C and antioxidants.
- It alkalizes the body and reduces the effects of acidity as well prevents it. Drinking warm lemon water as the first thing in the morning helps alkalizing the body.
- It improves iron absorption in the body
- Regulate the vital functions
- Cleanses the internal organs and aids in detox
- Increases the metabolism
- Burns fat and stimulate the body to burn more fat
- Good for skin!!
Squeeze a lemon in a cup of warm water. Drink it with or without honey! No SUGAR!!! Coffee may be your favorite thing to drink in the morning, yet take warm lemon water before it! On an empty stomach. Eat or drink anything else only after 30 minutes.
A delicious cocktail to reduce a few inches from your belly in 5 days
This is a popular recipe that gained all due popularity in the recent days. Things you need are lemon, cucumber, mint and ginger. Ginger is optional! This delicious cocktail reduces the inches from your belly in less than 5 days. It works great and you can literally realize and notice the reduced belly size.
This refreshing cocktail makes a wonderful health drink!
Lemon: You know a lot about the benefits of lemon! If not, just scroll above and read it.
Cucumber: A refreshing coolant with loads of vitamins and minerals. Eating a piece of cucumber after a meal prevents accumulation of fat. It is a natural cleanser that soothes the digestive tract. It is one of the natural refreshers! Cucumber is almost a zero calorie veggie that keeps you fuller for longer, without getting too much calories.
Mint: An aromatic herb, mint contains a lot of antioxidants, flavonoids and micronutrients! Mint stimulates appetite and aids in good digestion. It is an ideal ingredient to stimulate digestive fire and regulate bowel movements.
Ginger: When you are obese, befriend ginger! The benefits of using ginger for belly fat are already mentioned above! Ginger literally burns fat and helps in belly fat reduction!
You can combine these ingredients and make a big glass of cocktail. It is literally low in calories and you can reduce your meal size by half just by having it!
Drink this regularly and you will lose a few inches within a few days!
How to make this magical cocktail for reducing belly fat?
Things you need:
- 1 medium sized cucumber – shredded or sliced
- 5 to 6 mint leaves – chopped (if you love mint flavor, add it more)
- 1 medium sized lemon
- 1 inch piece of ginger– to elevate the flavor as well healing benefits
- Two teaspoons of honey or palm sugar
How to make it:
- Shred the ginger and add it with cucumber.
- Grind the cucumber with ginger and make it gluey
- Squeeze the lemon and blend it.
- Add finely chopped mint leaves (you can also grind the leaves along with cucumber)
- Alternatively, you can smash the ginger, blend well with this drink and remove it after 10 minutes.
- You can drink it immediately or drink it after chilling for a few minutes.
(Add a teaspoon of shredded or finely chopped cucumber to get a crunchy texture when you sip it!) That’s a delicious way to eat healthy for belly fat reduction.
Remember, this is refreshingly cool! Drinking this during winter or damp seasons isn’t recommended. You can make this drink during summer!
A hot and spicy drink for belly fat reduction
Above, you have seen a cool summer drink! This is a hot drink for belly fat reduction you can make during cold humid and cold season. Things you need are cumin seed, curry leaves, a pinch of salt, ginger and water.
- Cumin seed aids in toning the digestive organs and gradually reduce the accumulated fat in belly.
- Curry leaves contain the fat burning properties.
- Ginger is the hot spice with digestive and anti-obese properties.
- Use pink salt or black salt, if not crystal salt for seasoning and some taste.
Things you need:
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- A pinch of shredded ginger
- A pinch of salt
- Two cups water
How to make it:
- Add all ingredients and boil until the quantity of water reduces to half.
- Let it turn warm and drink it before it cools down.
You can drink this water twice a day.
Flavored water for Belly Fat Loss
Drink this flavored water throughout the day. Yes, instead of sipping plain water, you can add a bit more flavor to reduce belly fat.
Things you need:
- Two teaspoons cumin seeds
- One teaspoon carom seeds
- Two liters water
How to make it:
- Boil water and add these ingredients.
- Let it boil and remove from the flame.
- Close the vessel with a lid.
- Filter the water.
- Drink it instead of plain water throughout the days.
You can add a few spices to make a flavored drink and drink it before you sleep.
- It eases constipation.
- You can enjoy a good night’s sleep.
- It regulates the bowel movements.
- It stimulates the metabolism.
- It reduces the size of your belly in a few days.
- It is a good detox and a natural cleanse.
Things you need:
- Cinnamon powder ½ teaspoon or a small piece of cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon black cumin
- 1 clove bud
- ½ lemon (optional)
- Honey to add taste
- 3 – 4 cups water
How to make it:
- Add all ingredients except lemon.
- Boil it until the quantity of water reduces to half.
- Add lemon after the water turns warm.
- Add honey to get a sweet flavor.
- Strain the water if you wish to.
- Drink this at night before half an hour of your bed time.
Homemade Detox Juice for belly fat reduction
There are many ingredients that provide you a natural detox, helping you get rid of accumulated toxins. Detox drinks obviously reduces the belly and make you feel free and light.
Cilantro aka parsley is a cooling herb with fresh aroma. It is used as a cooling ingredient. Coriander seeds are often used along with chili powder to reduce the effect of chili on stomach. It helps digestion and heals the internal injuries. A glass of fresh cilantro juice gives a good detox.
- Just grind a bunch of cilantro leaves with water.
- Add honey and drink it.
Remember, cilantro can dehydrate you very quickly. So, be wary if you drink cilantro. Drink a lot of water throughout the day.
This is often ignored as it is grown everywhere. Wheatgrass is rich in antioxidants, nutrients and fresh living chlorophyll, which burns fat and inhibits accumulation of fat. All you need is to drink fresh juice of wheatgrass. It not only reduces belly fat, but also reduces the cholesterol and sugar levels in the body. Apart from reducing abdominal fat, there are many more health benefits of wheatgrass juice
. Thus, it is not at all a bad deal to have it regularly.
You can easily grow this at home. If you don’t have access to fresh wheatgrass, you can buy the powder in any organic stores. Don’t drink it more than ½ of a cup at a time.
You can also add a few drops of wheatgrass juice or powder to homemade soups, herbal tea, gravies and smoothies.
How to reduce belly fat in 15 days
Many ingredients are quite powerful to lose weight and reduce belly. However, not all ingredients give effective and quick results. If you are looking forward to reduce the belly fat quickly, eat the following regularly and frequently.
Curry leaves are used widely in Indian cooking. It is used as a flavoring ingredient. Curry leaves contain iron, fiber, antioxidants and micronutrients. Most of you might be aware that curry leaves help in hair growth and prevents premature graying of hair. Another face of curry leaves it is weight loss and fat burning properties. Curry leaves reduce the fat, triglyceride and cholesterol in your body. It burns even stubborn fat and toxins accumulated over a long time.
Pineapple is the sweet smelling fruit often ignored for its amazing health benefits. Pineapple is a hot fruit that makes you look hot! Yes, it burns the calories and fat. Eat a few slices of pineapple every day, regularly. Pineapple contains a lot of enzymes, rarely found in other fruits and veggies. An important enzyme is bromelain, which digests proteins and stimulates burning fat. The nutrient rich food flattens your tummy and also burns a few extra calories daily.
Plantain stem is the elixir of slender waist and flat tummy. It is full of fiber and a glass of pith of plantain stem helps you reduce the size of the waist and tummy within a few days of regular consumption.
• It is a very fulfilling juice that keeps your stomach fuller for hours.
• A glass of juice or soup or even a cup of boiled stem treats hyper acidity.
• A great natural remedy for constipation.
• It de-bloats your stomach.
• The stem even melts the gallbladder stones.
If you daily include plantain stem in your diet, you may feel slightly dizzy since the stem has immediate detox effect and makes your body light. So, eat some energetic foods along with it.
It almost tastes similar to cucumber. Loaded with tons of vitamins, the low calorie vegetable aids in shedding pounds around the belly. A cup of white pumpkin aka ash gourd contains vitamin A, vitamin E and potassium. Potassium reduces the water retention. It is recommended to drink a glass of fresh white pumpkin juice or eat a cup of raw pumpkin daily. You can eat it raw and it tastes really good!
Bottle gourd is the low calorie and light vegetable that helps lowering cholesterol, de-bloat and helps reducing the fat around the belly. Eat it in form of stir fry veggie or as a soup thrice a week.
It is the hottest lentil that burns fat faster. A cup of boiled horsegram melts the belly fat only in few days!
What can you eat daily to reduce belly in 2 weeks?
- Eat 10 to 20 curry leaves every day. If you can eat more, good for you.
- Drink a glass of pumpkin juice or pumpkin salad.
- Boil horsegram in water and drink the water as well the boiled lentils. (As an evening snack). You may use lemon juice to season this.
- Eat a few pineapple bites after lunch and dinner.
- Make a soup of plantain and drink it daily.
- Try to include all the above mentioned food items daily in any form. You will melt away the belly fat very quickly! Two weeks or even less! But yes, don’t eat fattening foods along with these belly fat reducing foods. This will not give you the desired weight loss rapidly.
Easy Yoga Poses for Belly Fat Reduction
Beyond eating the belly reducing foods, you should focus a little on some yoga poses to reduce the belly fat. There are a few yoga poses that targets the belly fat. Listing out the top 5 yoga poses for belly fat reduction.
Cobra Pose – Bhujangasana
That’s a very simple and it works out all stomach muscles by strengthening them. Stronger and flexible abdominal muscles reduce the bloated belly look! It also makes your spine stronger! (Remember, if you grow belly, your spine is tempered as your spine is then unable to manage the heavy belly). Therefore, this is also one of the best yoga exercises for back pain relief
How to do it:
- Lie on your belly with extended legs.
- Place both your arms at either side of chest.
- Keep your legs in line with shoulders and toes should touch the floor.
- Hold your palm on the floor and gradually raise your upper body.
- You should raise your head like a raising cobra!
- That’s it. Hold for 30 counts or less as long as you are comfortable.
Dhanurasana – Bow Pose
You turn your body like a bow and throw away all the fat from your stomach and back like an arrow! It tones the whole body from head to toe. Since the entire body weight is balanced by yours belly, it is massaged and strengthened. You will feel light on your belly immediately after doing this pose.
How to do it:
- Lie flat on your belly.
- Slowly bend your legs inwards towards your back.
- Extend your arms and hold your legs by raising your head.
- Your body should be like a curved bow.
- Try to lift the leg as possible as you can and raise the head to the maximum.
- Hold in this position for 15 to 30 counts.
- Gradually release arms and legs.
Kumbhakasana – Plank
You knew it better as plank! That’s simple to do but need a lot of stamina and energy to hold the position even for a few seconds. Plank tones the whole body, but specifically addresses the belly and butt muscles and burns fat.
How to do it:
- Lie flat on your belly
- Raise your upper body by holding your arms on the floor
- Raise your lower body by supporting the toes on the floor.
- That’s it! Try to hold this position for at least 20 seconds.
Alternatively, sit like a crawling baby and raise your knees to do this pose! You may not be able to balance it quickly and feel like your body is trembling! Once you practice it regularly, you can easily do it.
Salabashana – Locust Pose
Just like Bhujangasana, this asana address the stomach muscles and strengthen the back. It also helps stimulate digestion and relives gastric problems.
How to do it:
- Lie flat on your belly
- Extend your arms before you, a few inches above the floor.
- Your arms shouldn’t support or get support.
- Gradually lift the legs from toes to middle of the thighs to the maximum extent possible.
- Half length of the thighs should support the floor and the immediate half from the knee should be raised.
- Your upper body and lower body should be raised from the floor and you should balance it on your stomach!
Some Exercises to Reduce Belly Fat
Whoever says no exercise is needed for weight loss, is either ignorant or lying. While you need to eat and drink properly to reduce belly fat, you must also exercise regularly. Exercise makes you slimmer as a whole.
- Run or jog. Do spot jogging. Although it is a whole body exercise, you will notice the fat melting away from belly first.
- Learn swimming if you cannot and if you have time. There is no better workout than swimming to get back in shape!
- Do sit-ups! Yes, sit-ups tone the abdominal and thigh muscles. It is the great way to reduce the fat in the middle part of the body.
- Do crunches. There are many claims that you shouldn’t do crunches. Yet, abdominal crunches make a great workout to burst out the belly fat. Sit on your back with knees bent and feet flat on floor. Hold your hands behind your neck. Try to raise your body and touch the knees with head. You may not even raise your head in the initial days. To get that support, ask someone to stand on your foot. Of course, this should be a kid or someone very light in weight! You can easily raise your body. Do 15 to 20 crunches!
- Squat. Sit like you sit in a chair, but without a chair! That tones your whole body with specific target on abdominal and butt muscles.
- Try hoolahoops without rings. Just rotate your stomach for 2 minutes.
- Do circles on the air with leg! Lie flat on your back. Place your hands behind the neck. Raise one leg to 90 degrees (perpendicular) and draw circles aka rotate your leg. After 20 circles, repeat with other leg.
- Do these exercises 5 set each once a day.
General Tips for Belly Fat Reduction
- Concentrate on the foods you eat. Reduce the quantity or frequency of eating high calorie and fatty foods.
- Reduce sugar and salt intake. Replace white sugar with palm sugar, jaggery or honey and salt with pink salt or black salt in cooking.
- Don’t eat heavy foods at night. If you eat, make sure you do some exercises to ease digestion. Also eat your dinner before at least 2-3 hours before you go to sleep.
Try the combination of the above home remedies to reduce belly fat. You can easily reduce your belly fat in a few weeks! Don’t cheat though!
And a trick to reduce belly fat which is, in no way a general tip, is to identify your tummy type and then plan how to reduce the tummy fat! Here’s for you – Know Your Tummy Type & Lose Belly Fat!
Warning: These remedies for belly fat loss are not for pregnant women or those who suffer from serious diseases. Consult your doctor before using these remedies for belly fat reduction.