Glowing skin is representative of your good health but how to get glowing skin? The answer lies in your diet- a diet for glowing skin! To keep your skin smooth and glowing, you must have food that is rich in antioxidants, proteins and yes- essential fats too! Here we give you some diet tips for glowing skin. You will also come to know some do’s and don’ts for glowing skin of your dreams. Let’s first start with diet tips for glowing skin.
Diet for Glowing Skin
Antioxidants, proteins, vitamins- A, C, D, E, essential oils- these are the mantra for having a glowing skin!
- Have lots of protein rich food like meat, chicken, fish, eggs, pulses, milk, cheese/ cottage cheese, curd or yoghurt, seeds and nuts. Fish, among all, is an excellent diet option for glowing skin as it combines both- protein and skin enriching natural oils. If worried about gaining weight while having them, choose the right way to cook food– eats baked, steamed versions instead of fried ones.
- Have some protein drink, first thing in the morning.
- Nuts are a great snacking option to get glowing skin. They have natural concentrated vitamin E and are powerful antioxidants. Have 8-10 nuts whenever you snack during the day.
- Eat green/yellow vegetables rich in vitamin A like broccoli, beans, capsicum, peas, carrots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes and also green leafy vegetables.If you really want a glowing skin, you must have five servings of fruits and vegetables daily. Choose foods rich in antioxidants like papaya, apricots and all types of berries. Have Vitamin C rich fruits like oranges, lemons, lime and melons.
- Use olive oil, at least 2-3 tablespoons a week. You can use olive oil for stir fry vegetables, dressing salad or for any type of cooking.
- Include flaxseed in your diet as they help skin cells in maintaining their fluidity and flexibility. You can have a spoonful of flaxseeds with your breakfast cereal or add them to milk or salad or any other such thing.
- You also must have vitamin D. Fish liver oil- both shark and cod liver oil- are concentrated sources of vitamin D. You can have them as dietary supplements– in liquid or capsule form. However, always consult the doctor before having any type of dietary supplement.
- Drink lots of water during the day. It keeps skin well hydrated and washes away all toxins and impurities from body. If in dilemma about ideal quantity of water, read how much water should you drink in a day?
Do’s and Don’ts to Get Glowing Skin
- Avoid white food stuff like sugar, potatoes, bread, pasta, rice and sweets in your diet. These simple carbohydrates make your skin inflamed and also make the skin pores larger leading to skin breakout. In their place, have complex carbohydrates that you will get from whole grain bread, brown rice and whole wheat pasta etc.
- Do not have butter, ghee and lard as they lead to wrinkles- a hindrance in your way of getting glowing skin!
- Do not depend upon caffeine, alcohol and nicotine. Avoid or cut back on smoking and even having tea, coffee, colas- they all weaken the body that ultimately shows in poor skin. You can switch to green tea instead that is also a rich source of antioxidants!