Swine Flu: Symptoms
If you don’t want to be among the 2 billion people to be affected by this deadly virus, watch for any symptoms and go for necessary treatment even at the slightest doubt. The symptoms include:
- Fever greater than 100°F
- Sore throat
- Body ache
- Running nose, diarrhea and vomiting to some extent
Swine Flu: Precautions
- This flu spreads when a person comes in close contact with an infected person. To minimize the risk, one should cover the mouth and nose while coughing and sneezing.
- If someone known to you have tested positive for swine flu, wear a mask before going close to the infected person.
- Maintain a very high level of hygiene. Wash hands frequently with soap and water.
- Sanitize your surroundings. It may help prevent this infection. Use alcohol or bleach to sanitize rooms or equipment that came in contact with the patients having influenza symptoms.
People suffering from flu should get a good amount of rest, drink plenty of water and other liquids, and avoid having alcohol and tobacco. As soon as symptoms are visible, see your doctor to get the right treatment. Don’t go for preventive medications as it may result in development of resistance to the only known effective drug “Tamiflu”