Acne is a real pain for those who suffer from it. These “small things” not only have physical presence but also cause mental stress by making the person socially aloof. People (especially, the teenage) with acne, withdraw themselves from social gatherings due to the ‘so called ugly’ looks. Pimples are the result of excessive secretion of sebum- an oily substance- by the sebaceous gland. Following a healthy lifestyle with right kind of diet for acne and exercise, one can surely avoid acne from growing. However, if it appears anyhow, then there are many herbs and common materials found right at our homes that can be used to cure acne. These ingredients are actually the most effective home remedies for acne.
Home Remedies for Acne
So, how to use mint as an acne remedy? It’s really easy!
- Crush a handful of mint leaves
- Rub the crushed leaves with juice on affected skin.
- Leave it for 5-10 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
- Repeat the process to alleviate pain and inflammation.
Mint contains menthol which is a natural analgesic and anti-inflammatory. This makes it one of the best home remedies for acne
Oatmeal is not only healthy but also a very good remedy for acne!
- Cook oatmeal with water and add ¼ cup honey to it.
- Yogurt can also be mixed with fine oatmeal to make a thick paste. But it is completely optional. Do this if you have very dry skin.
- Mix it thoroughly and allow cooling.
- Apply the mixture on affected skin, avoiding the eyes and leave it to dry.
- Leave for 10-20 minutes and not more than that.
- If it dries earlier, remove immediately.
- Wash the face with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Oatmeal absorbs oil and exfoliates the skin. Honey makes it easy to apply the mixture on skin as well as acts as a skin toner.
Aloe vera, the miracle herb is also a good home remedy for acne.
- Remove the thick skin of aloe vera leaf and take out the gel from it.
- Be careful to avoid yellow gel close to the leaf rind, it is not good for irritated skin and might cause inflammation.
- Apply the clear aloe gel on skin avoiding eyes.
- That’s all. If you feel so, you may wash off skin after 20-30 minutes but its’ not essential at all.
- You may keep the gel for about a week by storing it in refrigerator in an airtight container.
Aloe vera soothes the skin, it has a mild anti-inflammatory content and is a natural antibiotic that cleans the skin and kills bacteria.
Basil is a medicinal herb with anti-microbial properties, good for acne remedy.
- Take some basil (tulsi) leaves and cook it in water with a teaspoon full of tea.
- Cool it.
- Apply the lotion on skin with the help of cotton.
Cinnamon is a healing herb spice. It has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that makes it one of the very effective home remedies for acne.
- Mix honey and cinnamon powder.
- Apply this paste before going to sleep.
- Wash it off in the morning.
Gram flour for acne remedy is used by many, especially those with extra oily skin. It can control excessive oil production of your skin and thus helps get rid of acne.
- Mix gram flour with milk that has not boiled even for once (raw milk).
- Use this as face wash daily.
Gram flour absorbs oil efficiently and milk keeps the skin toned and smooth.
Lemon juice is a natural astringent and mild antibacterial agent. It is very effective for treating acne and can be used in several ways.
- Mix one tablespoon of groundnut oil with one tablespoon of lime juice. Apply it on acne.
- Fresh lime juice mixed with half glass of boiled milk can also be used for treating pimples, blackheads and cracked skin.
- Mix lime juice and rose water in equal proportions and apply this every night after thoroughly washing the face. Keep it for 30 minutes and then wash the face and pat dry.
- Make a paste of roasted & powdered pomegranate skin with fresh lime juice and apply over the affected skin.
Try one or more of these herbal home remedies for acne according to the gravity of acne problem.